Statement of Terms and Conditions
This Statement of Terms and Conditions (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “STC”) governs our relationship with users and others who interact with literatureandpoetry.com or www.literatureandpoetry.com (hereafter referred to as “site”). By using or accessing this site or any of its pages, features, or subdomains, you warrant that you have read, understood, and agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 10 below.
The Basics Required of You
- This site is for those who believe in good, old-fashioned values.
- Only use “Family Friendly” language, including in your username. In other words, if your great grandmother wouldn’t say it, don’t put it on this site! (This is a site for those who believe in old fashioned values, after all.)
- This includes, but is not limited to:
- No swear words
- No crude or vulgar remarks or jokes
- No graphic violence
- No sex scenes, descriptions, or innuendo. Keep it squeaky clean!
- Use a photo of the real you for your profile image or avatar.
- Only post “G-Rated” images.
- You must own the copyright for any image you post, have written permission to use the image, or the image must clearly be in the public domain. Include any required attributions.
- Treat everyone else on the site with respect and civility in all that you say and do.
- Obey the law.
If you choose to share personally identifying information, such as but not limited to your age, gender, general location, real name as your user name, contact information, or any other personally identifiable user data, you acknowledge that you do so of your own volition and that such data could be made public and produce risk.
This site may use various methods to collect, track and analyze visitor data. Data can be collected through cookies, personal identifiers, and anonymous identifiers, but might also be collected without them. Both first-party and third-party identifiers may be used either separately or together in order to gather information about site visitors including demographic information; to track visitors’ use of the site; to track campaigns and how users reach the site; to track users across devices; and for other features such as remarketing (to present advertising as users visit other places on the Internet).
The Google Analytics display advertiser feature of “Enable Demographics and Interest Reports” is enabled on this site, which may allow any or all of the following:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
Additionally, Google Analytics’ in-page analytics feature of “enhanced link attribution is enabled.
One of the services used is Google Universal Analytics.
Privacy: Opt-Out options
You can opt-out of Google Analytics using your data by using the The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. According to Google, you may also be able to opt-out of Google Analytics using your data “through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out” (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881) In order for the Opt-Out Addon to work in “Internet Explorer, 3rd-party cookies must be enabled”. (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
Instructions for opting-out of interest-based ads shown through Google products (such as Search) and the Goolge Display Network can be found here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922. (Note, you will need to opt out on all devices and browsers where you don’t want the interest-based ads.)
For apps that show web pages without using your device’s browser, try visiting www.google.com/ads/preferences/ through the app to set which types of Google-served interest-based ads will appear in that app. (See http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/html/mobile-about.html)
You can opt-out of interest-based ads from additional companies using the NAI out-out service: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/?partnerId=1/.
To “permanently opt out of the DoubleClick cookie, which is an advertising cookie that Google uses” go to <“https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/plugin?hl=en” target=“_blank”> https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/plugin?hl=en.
For additional opt-out and ad preferences from companies other than (but including) Google, go to optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
Sharing Your Content and Information
By posting content on this website you agree for your user-generated content to be published and distributed by this site, its owner(s), or its owner(s)’ interests, subsidiaries or inheritors, without your further permission. This includes distribution across social media, public networks, and any other public or private distribution, worldwide, in any format, indefinitely.
We need your help to keep you and our site safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- Keep all your content on this site squeaky clean.
- Please immediately report any inappropriate images, communications, or posts. Include a screenshot if possible, the user who posted it, and the URL (web address) where the inappropriate content is located.
- Use a photo of the real you as your profile/avatar image
- As an author, you may want to be able to have readers contact you. However, you assume all liability for risk if you provide any contact information or personally identifiable information.
- Use only images for which you own the copyright or that are clearly in the public domain. If you use non-public domain images, only post ones for which you have permission to post and always provide the proper attribution. You agree that you retain all liability and all responsibility to ensure that any image you post or use is done legally. You indemnify Literatureandpoetry.com, its owner(s), employees, etc., for any image you post improperly.
- You understand that we reserve the right to remove any content for any reason and without notice from this site.
- You understand that we reserve the right to suspend and delete any user account for any reason and without notice from this site.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on this site.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access this site, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without the site’s prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on this site.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that is hate speech, threatening, vulgar, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use this site to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of this site, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other site functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on this site, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use if you are under the age of 13.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. If you are a minor, then you should share your password and account information with your parents or legal guardians.
- You will not transfer your account (including any content you have contributed to this site) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username).
Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on this site that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on this site if we believe that it violates this Statement, our policies, the law, the purposes of this site, or decency as defined by us.
- We reserve the right to disable your account for any reason at any time without warning or consent.
- You will not use our copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property or any confusingly similar marks without prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on this site.
- You will not post any copyrighted information on this website without written permission. This includes not posting or publishing what someone else has written, whether or not you give him or her credit.
Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile services, if any, for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply.
You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on this site.
Your continued use of this site following changes to our terms constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, with or without notice of changes in terms.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of this site to you. We reserve the right to disable or delete your account and your content for any reason whatsoever without notice or consent. You may also request the deletion of your account at any time by contacting us directly.
We reserve the right to charge for any and all of our services. If you register for this site using a discount, code, coupon, or other means of receiving a reduced price, or take advantage of a trial period, or are not charged for your use of this site at the time of registration, we may at some point charge you for further use of the site, its services, or products.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or this site exclusively in a state or federal court located in the State of Utah. The laws of the State of Utah will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Utah for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on this site, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on this site and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on this site. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on this site. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, or any user of this site.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS SITE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS SITE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THIS SITE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with this site outside the United States:
You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
By “site” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.literatureandpoetry.com and any other Literature & Poetery branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins and extensions, (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from this site or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with this site.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post on this site that would not be included in the definition of information.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from this site or provide to this site through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on this site or otherwise make available by using this site.
- By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “active registered user” we mean a user who has logged into this site at least once in the previous 30 days.